The VMware Workstation Pro takes virtualization to the next level with the broadest operating system support, rich user experience, a comprehensive feature set, and high performance. VMware Workstation Pro is designed for professionals that rely on virtual machines to get their job done.
Note: Workstation Pro requires a 64-bit processor and 64-bit host operating system
Systems using Processors (CPUs) launched in 2011 or later are supported except:
- Systems using Processors (CPUs) launched in 2011 or later are supported except:
- Systems using AMD processors based on the “Llano” and “Bobcat” micro-architectures (e.g. code-named “Hondo”, “Ontario”, “Zacate”, “Llano”)
- Systems using Intel Atom processors based on the 2012 “Saltwell” micro-architecture (e.g. Atom S1200, Atom D2700/D2500, Atom N2800/N2600.
In addition, the following are supported:
- Systems using Intel processors based on the 2010 “Westmere” micro-architecture (e.g. Xeon 5600, Xeon 3600, Core i7-970, Core i7-980, Core i7-990)
1.3GHz or faster core speed
2GB RAM minimum/ 4GB RAM or more recommended
For a complete list of supported host and guest operating systems visit the VMware Compatibility Guide.
VMware Workstation Pro runs on most 64-bit* Windows or Linux host operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Oracle Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server